SMP Scalp Micro Pigmentation
Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) is a PMU Permanent MakeUp procedure that is used to create the illusion of shaved hair, stubble, or greater density in hair-bearing areas that have lost hair.
- Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your procedure. If experiencing breakouts on your scalp please see a dermatologist or appropriate medical doctor to resolve this issue prior to your procedure.
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
- Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
- If you are extremely sensitive to pain, mention before treatment for possible options or seek medical advice prior to procedure.
- You may bring a clean hat or scarf to loosely cover your head after the treatment, if so desired.
- Please do not wear a hair piece at least 10-14 days prior to your scheduled procedure. As wearing a hair piece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the follicle.
- Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the hair follicles.